Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thoughts from Facebook

I'm tired. I'm tired of reading the absolute hatred others have for post abortive women. The anger and rage and contempt for those that abort. I have been on the receiving end of it enough. I know the enemy I am fighting. I WILL STAND with those that take the risk to get help after hearing how worthless they are as human beings for aborting. NO ONE is beyond the saving mercy and grace of Christ.

It hurts. It hurts to read the ugliness over and over and over and I long to take these women by the hand that are staying silent and in bondage. Are they not daughters of the King?
The woman that aborted on Friday....is she not HIS?? Is he not weeping over her today? Longing to not have this distance between them?

It is only LOVE that led me back to Him!! I know it's hard. I know it is hard to understand and fathom and wonder WHY WHY WHY??? WHY do women have abortions? Jesus knows. The woman at the well and the woman caught in adultery saw in His face something they had NEVER experienced from anyone else.

He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me. Psalm18:19

2 comments:

kitty said...

I think that part of it is because most pro-lifers have been trolled by pro-abort harpies, and have a gut-reaction to post-aborts, assuming that they're all the same. Of course, they AREN'T, but one of the biggest psychos I've ever spoken with- who stalked me for days- was post-abortive, so I think that the temptation is to relate the ones who went over the edge with the ones who didn't.

I'm sorry for your loss; the ones who snap are much louder, but most women would never go through with it if they really knew what was going on: if they did, then sonograms wouldn't be such an effective abortion deterrent. Rather than being aggressors, most abortive women are victims who either have no control (due to abuse) or have no clue what's really going to happen...

I apologize for the rudeness some others have shown; it's important to remember that mothers who have lost children- due to ANY cause- are deserving of our empathy.

Carla said...

Supergrouper,

What a breath of fresh air your comment is to me!

Thank you for taking the time to write it.