Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Truth

I have been told that my daughter Aubrey who died in my abortion is in hell. And is waiting for me there. We will burn together.
I have been told that she is in purgatory and I have to pray her into heaven and she is praying me to heaven as well.
I have been told that she will face her abortionist one day and have words with him.
I have been told that to write letters to her is communicating with the dead.
I have been told that she is angry with me and I have to wait to ask her forgiveness and see if she will forgive me.

I believe none of the above. One of the most precious books I have ever read is I'll Hold You in Heaven by Jack Hayford. God's truth about Aubrey allows me to grieve with hope.

Aubrey is in heaven. She is seeing God's face. She loves me. She is waiting for me. I am her mommy and she is my daughter. She will run to me one day.

6 comments:

QA said...

So true, Carla! What wonderful news! We are not without hope and we are so blessed to have such a forgiving Lord!

...to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me... Acts 26:18

Carla said...

Amen QA!! Amen!!

Laura said...

"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:10

Anyone who says those horrible things says them out of the darkenss of their hearts. I pray their eyes will be opened to the glorious truth that our children are in the presence of God, and cannot have anything but God's love for us in their hearts.

I long for the day I will see my Jesse, running to me with open arms and joy on his face.

Carla said...

Totally agree Laura!!

Jesse. I love that name!! :)

Anonymous said...

Some people are so rude there's nothing to do but pity them.

Jamie said...

Carla,

Your story has touched me. The Lord is using you and your story. I am praying for you.