Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Anger

I have righteous anger!! It takes everything I’ve got not to rant when I hear about how “safe” abortion is and how there are no risks or complications or that I am mentally ill for FINALLY realizing my daughter was KILLED in my abortion and I deeply regret it!

I am angry that I was freaking LIED to at the clinic and was so desperate I couldn’t think straight. I am angry that I was yelled at there and treated so rudely. I am angry that I was ever there that day!

I am angry that proaborts want to silence me, ridicule me, and trivialize my experience.

I am angry that my grief is dismissed time and time again as though I am some lunatic grieving a "bunch of cells."

I am angry that telling my abortion story is looked upon as “having an agenda” while a woman saying she has never given a whit about her abortion is just being “honest.”

I am angry that so many that claim to be prolife continue to regard me as a slut who couldn’t keep her legs closed! OR that I should have known better and I got what I paid for!

BUT God continually helps me keep my wits about me and try to communicate even when it falls on deaf ears. He knows my heart. How can I keep silent??!!

Well. I guess THAT was a rant!!

2 comments:

M Hastings said...

The key word there is righteous, is it not?

Love to you.

So then, putting away falsehood, let all of us speak the truth to our neighbors, for we are members of one another. Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not make room for the devil. -Ephesians 4:25-27

Keithslady said...

You are not mentally ill, you are not alone. Keep up your honesty. You are a child of the King and HIS love shines as you love, even when people don't know they're being loved. Jesus was killed for loving, you are in good company.