Saturday, May 24, 2008

Initial fund raising

In January 2008 I sent out the following fund raising letter

Dear Family and Friends,

God is moving and opening doors for me to finally share my abortion experience to help others.

Recently I became the Wisconsin State Team Leader for Operation Outcry - a project of The Justice Foundation. Operation Outcry seeks to end legal abortion by exposing the truth about its devastating impact on women and families.

Rounded Rectangle: And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."  (Isaiah 6:8 )
Through Operation Outcry we are making our voices heard! Abortion kills the unborn. Abortion hurts women, men and it destroys families. One of the main goals of Operation Outcry is the gathering of declarations (stories) from women and men hurt by abortion. These declarations have already been to the Supreme Court where the pain and remorse of abortion has been documented and are now part of Supreme Court doctrine. They also have been used in courts in South Dakota to support the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act and many other states ask for these documents in their pro-life legislation.

I am thankful that after 17 years, I can be free of the guilt and shame abortion causes. I will always live with the regret that I did not allow my baby to live. I pray that others will want to join me as I partner with Operation Outcry in this fight to someday overturn Roe V. Wade and help women find hope and healing from their abortions through Jesus Christ.

There are many opportunities for me to help others who are hurting and to spread the news about the declarations.

My Local Vision (What I pray God will allow to happen locally in 2008):

· Lead the formation of an on-going Forgiven and Set Free Abortion Healing Bible Study group at Faith Community Church Hudson, WI.

· Meet with women one-on-one, providing soul care, helping them work through post-abortion issues.

· Partner with Crisis Pregnancy Centers in River Falls and Stillwater – serve as liaison to local churches and residents of St. Croix County.


State and National Participation (Events I would like to attend for trainings and networking):

· Rachel's Vineyard Ministries’ weekend retreat in February (West Bend, WI).

· WI Right to Life Conference in March (Wisconsin Dells).

· Operation Outcry National Conference in April (Dallas) - marks one year of the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act.

· ProLife Wisconsin banquet (2009).

Because of Jesus’ great healing work in my life I sense a deep calling to serve and minister to other women – I believe in 2008 I am to focus my energies on the activities listed above. I cannot do this alone, so please join me with your prayers. I am praying specifically that I will have boldness in sharing my testimony, that God’s spirit will work through me, and I will raise funds as needed. To pursue the activities listed above, I estimate I need to raise a total of $3,500. I am asking you to be a part of my local vision and the national pro-life causes by investing in my life and in the lives of the people I speak with. Any amount you give will be greatly appreciated.


If you would like to be a partner in what the Lord is doing, there are several options for how you can give described on the enclosed donations flyer. I am confident the Lord will bless you mightily for your giving and your prayers!

If you have any questions or comments, you can call me at 715-760-2564 or carlastream@gmail.com. Thank you so much for your consideration. Your prayers and support are greatly appreciated!

His for LIFE!

Carla Stream
Operation Outcry Wisconsin State Team Leader
www.operationoutcry.org

No comments: