Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tattoo Talk


I brought my eldest son to the dentist this week and since it was so hot I wore a t-shirt. I forgot that all winter my tattoo has been covered up and now it is out! The lady behind the desk asked me about my tattoo when I was preparing to pay for services rendered. Wow. I don't mean to be so in your face about it but I told her. I said, "Aubrey is the name of my daughter. She died in my abortion on Sept. 5th, 1990." She asked me what happened. I told her I made a very rash decision, I didn't know what else to do and I was lied to about how abortion would affect my life. All while scanning my card, signing my name on the dotted line and telling my youngest to stay by momma. With 3 more dental appointments to set up, I am sure the conversation has only just begun.

2 comments:

Heather Best said...

Carla,

That is awesome! Tattoo's can be a great way to open up dialogue. I have stars around my wrist that are based on Phillipians 2:15. People often comment on it at the check-out, etc, and it gives me a chance to share Jesus with them when it would have otherwise been awkward to bring it up.

Thanks for sharing your story and being so transparent. I love seeing your comments on Jill's blog. You definitely bring something to the table with your experience and your loving attitude. God Bless you and your family.

Heather M

Carla said...

Love you, Heather!
And your tattoo!!