Sunday, September 5, 2021


 One year ago I received a message on facebook. A desperate mother in Kenya who had found an abortionist but also found my story of abortion regret. She didn't want an abortion. She wanted help and hope and support. I offered that and her beautiful Jasmine is now 7 months old!! Look at that precious little face!! I messaged back and forth with that mother yesterday.
September 5th. 31 years ago to the day that I made the worst decision of my life by aborting my first child. She thanked me and thanked God for me that I was there for her in a "really confusing time."
I spent much of my day doing the things I had on my list of things to do. But I knew what was coming. Feel what I was feeling. I finished reading the book Tilly which paints a glorious picture of the reunion God has planned for me. I brought some flowers to the baby stone in the backyard. I prayed. I cried. I spoke aloud to Aubrey. I love you. I miss you. I will see you soon. You are my girl.
And I remembered what God has done in my life since September 5th, 1990. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Him.
Abortion is lifelong. To those of us who have found healing in Jesus after abortion, we carry our burden of regret together. We grieve together and face the future together. We do what God calls us to do. Tell others of what He has done. Speak the truth to counter the lies of the abortion industry. Lead others to the hope and healing that we have found.
I will give God all of the glory and honor and praise due Him as He has delivered me from the darkness. My story is really His story of rescue, redemption and restoration.
I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
I will consider all your works
and meditate on all your mighty deeds.
Psalm77:11-12

No comments: