Friday, September 4, 2020

The date will come like it always does. My body remembers the trauma long before I acknowledge it. September 5th, 1990.

Tomorrow marks 30 years since the abortion of my precious daughter, Aubrey. The grief never goes but I do not grieve as those with no hope. (1 Thess 4:13)
Before I could even ask God to help me through the day I received a facebook message from Kenya. A young, pregnant mom with 3 children had been contemplating abortion. Even though abortion is illegal in Kenya, she made an appointment with someone who could do it. She found my story of abortion regret online and messaged me. I messaged her back and offered her support, encouragement, help and hope. She gave me all of her reasons for seeking to end her child's life. I countered with truth. I prayed and prayed and God heard and answered. She chose life!! She messaged, "I am so happy!!" I have received photos of her beautiful family and her growing baby, now 17 weeks!!
And THAT is what my God does. He RESCUES, REDEEMS and RESTORES!! THAT is how God uses my deepest regret. Amen.
Please pray for Mary, her husband Justus, and children Jeremy, Jude and Joy. With her permission(we message each other everyday)I am sharing pictures of her beautiful family!!
I will be away from this place for a couple of days.
Pondering. Feeling what I feel.
How I could possibly love God MORE and when can I get to Kenya?? 
 




No comments: